- 4x 180g Port Philip Bay Snapper – pan seared
- ½ punnet of Red Hill strawberries – California Giants, sliced thinly
- Green pea mousseline
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 200mls vegetable stock
- 200g snap frozen peas
- 60mls thickened cream
- Glazed carrots
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots
- 30g unsalted butter
- 200mls fresh orange juice
- Petite soft herb salad
- ½ bunch coriander leaves
- ½ Spanish onion, sliced thinly into rings
- 100g snow pea tendrils
- 60mls lemon dressing
- Sour cherry pearls
- Cold vegetable oil, as needed
- 150g Red Hill cherries, pureed
- 1.7g agar agar
- 0.3g Xanthan
- 100g water
Green Pea Mousseline
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the shallot and garlic until soft but not coloured.
- Add the veg stock and mint, bring to a boil.
- Add peas and simmer until peas are tender but still have their colour.
- Strain, reserve liquid and remove sprigs of mint.
- In blender, place peas and cream, blitz until a smooth puree. Use the reserved liquid to thin down if needed.
- Pass through a fine sieve, set aside
Soft Herb Salad
- Place all ingredients into a clean bowl, salt and dress.
- Trim stems from the carrots and peel.
- Place the carrots in a sauce pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Add butter and orange juice. Lid the pan and simmer until the carrots are tender.
Sour Cherry Pearls
- Gently warm the cherry purée. Set aside.
- Let agar disperse into the 100g of water for 5 mins. Transfer to a small saucepan.
- Bring this mixture just to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and incorporate into the warm cherry puree, add Xanthan and blitz with hand blender to make sure it’s well incorporated.
- With a syringe drop the mixture into cold vegetable oil 5°C allowing 5-10 minutes to fully set. Transfer pearls to cool water to rinse.
Smear warmed green pea mousseline on the plate in an arc. Then place snapper at the edge of the arc. Arrange strawberry slices and glazed carrots alternating to contrast with the mousseline. Place the warmed cherry pearls randomly around the edge. Finally garnish with soft herb salad. Try to give your dish a free form organic presentation.