Pumpkin Tortellini Recipe
- Pumpkin filling (4 per serve)
- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- ½ onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch of nutmeg and ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 500g Witches Chase goat’s cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1kg plain flour
- 1tsp olive oil
- Burnt sage butter and pine nuts
- 100g organic butter
- ½ bunch sage, torn
- 50g pine nuts
- Roast pumpkin for 15-20 mins until just tender.
- Sweat off onion and garlic.
- Toss with pumpkin and spices.
- Make a well in the flour.
- Add eggs and olive oil and combine.
- Kneed together to form a dough and rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll thin sheets of pasta (No6) using pasta machine.
- Cut with round cutter and place a tea spoon of pumpkin filling and a tea spoon of goat’s cheese in the centre of the pasta disc.
- Brush outer edge with egg wash and fold to now make half moon shape.
- Press firmly to ensure edges are sealed tight.
- Join the 2 tips of moon to make tortellini shape.
- Place in simmering salted water for 6 minutes, strain, ready to serve.
Burnt sage butter and pine nuts
- Heat pan.
- Add butter and pine nuts.
- Brown butter and nuts.
- Add sage and toss with cooked tortellini.
- Serve by garnishing with beetroot chips, shaved grano padano parmesan cheese and micro herbs.