Squash risotto with Taleggio & oregano
- 40 gm butter
- 4 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 280 gm risotto rice
- 60 ml dry white wine or vermouth
- 850 ml hot chicken stock
- 3 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 50 gm finely grated parmesan
- 140 gm Taleggio, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped oregano, to serve
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add shallots and garlic and stir occasionally until tender (5-7 minutes). Add rice and stir to toast (1-2 minutes). Add wine, stir occasionally until almost absorbed, then add hot stock a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously until stock is absorbed before adding more. Continue until all stock is incorporated, rice is al dente and risotto is creamy (10-15 minutes). Add squash and zucchini and cook until tender (10 minutes).
- Stir in crème fraîche and parmesan just before serving. Serve with dotted with Taleggio and scattered with oregano.