Cucumber, Pistachio, Grape & Feta Salad Recipe
Ingredients - serves 6
- 35 gm (¼ cup) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 white-skinned cucumbers, seeds removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 telegraph cucumber, seeds removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 250 gm baby cucumbers, unpeeled, diced
- 300 gm green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint, shredded
- 300 gm Persian feta
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (optional), to serve
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Scatter pistachios on an oven tray and roast, shaking occasionally, until just golden (5-10 minutes), then cool, coarsely chop and set aside.
- Combine cucumbers, grapes and mint in a bowl, crumble over feta, top with pistachio and pomegranate seeds, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil, season to taste and serve.
Note: This salad would make a lovely accompaniment to spice-rubbed grilled chicken or fish – the refreshing cucumbers make a perfect counterpoint to the spices. White cucumbers have a thick bitter skin which should be removed; baby cucumbers can be left unpeeled. When pomegranates come into season, a scattering of their seeds over this salad adds a pretty burst of colour.
Brought to you by Gourmet Traveller
This recipe is from the January 2012 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller. Recipe by Lisa Featherby, photography by Prue Ruscoe, and styling by Lisa Featherby.