Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
- 500g couverture dark chocolate buds
- 250g unsalted butter
- 12 whole eggs
- 35g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g couverture dark chocolate buds
- 200ml thickened cream
- Melt chocolate and butter together (using a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water) until very glossy.
- Separate yolks from whites and whisk yolks with half of the sugar until white and fluffy.
- Place on top of melted chocolate, but don't mix yet!
- Wash bowl and whisk whites thoroughly adding remainder of sugar slowly until it forms firm peaks.
- Place this on top of the chocolate and yolks, but still don't mix yet!
- Sift 35gm flour evenly over the top and now gently fold all together.
- Pour into a greased and lined spring form cake tin and put into a 190°C oven for 12 minutes.
- Take out and cool on bench.
- Melt chocolate and cream together (using a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water).
- When together and glossy, cover the cake like an icing mix.
- Refrigerate until set (approx. 3 hours minimum).