Fresh young zucchini have a lovely creamy texture
and are wonderful in salads. Prep time is just 20 minutes. Serves 4 as a light meal.
- 5 small green zucchini
- 1 tbsp mixed toasted seeds, such as sunflower, sesame and pepitas
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Zucchini flowers, stamens removed and torn, to serve (optional)
Mint and lemon dressing
- 1 cup(firmly packed) mint leaves
- 125 ml ½ cup) extra-virgin olive oil (mild-tasting)
- 1 small garlic clove,halved
- 80 gm sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Juice of 1 lemon, finely grated rind of ½
- Slice zucchini into a bowl using a mandolin, season with ¾ tsp sea salt flakes and stand until zucchini softens (2 minutes). Drain well and pat dry with absorbent paper, then return to a dry bowl.
- For mint and lemon dressing, blend ingredients in a blender until a fairly fine sauce forms. Pour over zucchini, toss to coat and season to taste.
- Transfer zucchini to a platter, scatter with seeds and zucchini flowers, finish with parmesan and serve.
Wine suggestion: Perfumed white fiano.