Pumpkin & Vermouth Risotto Recipe
- 1kg diced pumpkin
- 4 shots vermouth
- 1 large finely sliced onion
- 3 litres good vegetable stock
- 1kg risotto rice
- 60ml olive oil
- Place the diced pumpkin into a large non-stick fry pan and fry for about 8 minutes, until nice and caramelised (turning every 2 minutes).
- Set aside to add to the risotto a third of the way through.
- As per making any risotto; heat stock, place olive oil into thick bottom saucepan, sauté onions.
- Add risotto rice, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add vermouth and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add boiling stock and continue to make risotto.
- After four ladles of stock, add the diced pumpkin.
- Season to taste and serve with rocket and freshly grated parmesan.