Duck Salad Recipe
- 2 duck breast - cleaned/scored
- 300g rocket
- 1/3 bunch of teared mint leaves
- 1 dragonfruit diced
- 8 beetroot crisps
- 100ml hoisin sauce
- 100ml honey
- 20ml white balsamic
- 60ml vegetable oil
- Dragonfruit puree
- 30g sugar
- Marinate the duck breast in hoisin and honey.
- Place on a clean hot pan, seal both sides evenly. Skin side will colour quickly because of marinate so be fast.
- Place in oven skin side up (6mins), take out and rest.
- In a bowl, mix rocket leaves, mint leaves, and sliced dragonfruit.
- Dress with a liberal amount of white balsamic dressing, and place on a plate.
- With a sharp knife carve 5 nice even slices per portion, then place duck on the salad.
- Make an outline around the salad, and garnish the dish with beetroot crisps.
- Dress with dragonfruit syrup (dragon ruit puree and sugar boiled together for 2 mins then chilled), garnish with petite herbs and serve.