Mooloolaba King Prawn Recipe
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves (finely sliced)
- 1 large onion (medium dice)
- 2 large sweet red chillies (finely sliced)
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley-roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ lime zested and juiced
- Freshly mill black pepper - 4 turns
- Sea salt- good pinch
- Place olive oil into thick bottom pan, place onto medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and chillies.
- Sauté for 4 minutes and add lime zest and juice and parsley.
- Add crushed tomatoes and stir.
- Add pepper.
- Simmer for 12 minutes, then check for seasoning.
- Simmer for 20 more minutes. Do not let the tomatoes stick to the bottom of the pan (a ladle of water will help from burning).
- Peel and devein 3 large prawns.
- Add to sauté pan with a little olive oil, gently sauté turning every 20 seconds.
- Add a table spoon of white wine, then add a good ladle of the tomato sauce.
- Gently simmer till cooked.
- Transfer to pot, add a dash of basil oil.
- Present with crusty charred sourdough.